Join us and make a difference at our Midtown Branch – 3801 E. Speedway Blvd on September 14th from 10 am to 3 pm. We’re currently scheduling appointments.
Email Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up at redcrossblood.org and use sponsor code: TFCU
- Currently, the American Red Cross only has about 5 – 8 days supply on their shelves. They are actually on official “Appeal Status” right now, to try to generate much-needed donors to help save lives.
- Summer and winter months are the worst months for collections – every pint counts, but right now every pint counts more than ever.
- One pint can save up to 3 lives.
- In the US, someone needs blood every 2 seconds, and 1 in 7 people will need a product in their lifetime – that is someone you know, someone you love, maybe even you.
- 30% of the population can give blood. Only 10% do.
- Blood has a shelf-life of 42 days, and it cannot be manufactured – the need is constant, and they cannot save any lives without a donor.
- The average transfusion is one to three units of blood, but a bad car accident can take up to 126 units or more!
- Blood products go to cancer patients, people who have blood-disorders, surgeries, emergency recipients, new mothers who may be suffering a hemorrhaging condition, babies who are in immediate care directly after birth, burn victims… just to name a few.